Social Media Account Manager
November 2010 - November 2014
Daily management of the social media accounts for 15 diverse businesses on Facebook and/or Twitter. Duties include:
- Executing comprehensive marketing campaigns on Facebook and Twitter including graphics, photos and other content creation
- Communication on behalf of the company to customers and fans through timely and accurate responses
- Coordination of clients' social media strategies with other marketing efforts to ensure unified messaging across all channels
- Consolidating Facebook analytics into monthly reports and using that information to inform clients and refine strategies
Camp Arcadia is a Lutheran Family Camp located in Northern Michigan on Lake Michigan. I held different positions each summer on staff. In 2007 and 2008, I worked in the kitchen, the first year as a Server and the second year as the Head Server. In 2009 and 2010, I worked on program staff, the first year as a regular staffer and the second year as Program Director. I enjoyed great new experiences every year. On my final year on
Program Director, 2010
- Supervised a staff of twelve program staffers and was responsible for their scheduling
- Lead daily meetings with my staff to evaluate the previous day's events and anticipate that day's challenges
- Creating of a Bible study curriculum for campers spanning in age from first grade through college
- Facilitated multiple camp activities including sports, worship, and nature events
- Participated in the creation of new events and activities
Have built, designed and written content for websites for friends and myself, including:
- alneve.com - Chicago musician, site serves as a portal for all of his work
- jonandlydia.com - Personal wedding website, including info for guests & RSVPs
- stlwingreview.com - Personal food review blog, highlighting chicken wings in St. Louis
Bachelor of Arts in Communication
Valparaiso University, 2010
Cumulative GPA: 3+/4.0
- Major: Communication, with a focus in New Media Journalism
- Writer and Features Editor for student weekly newspaper, The Torch
- VP of Communications for Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Layout Editor for semesterly arts publication, The Lighter
- Studied abroad for a semester at Valparaiso's study center in Cambridge, England
- Impeccable written and verbal communication
- Strategic critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Extensive graphic design experience (print and digital)
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Apple iWork programs
- Basic computer knowledge and troubleshooting skills
- Passionate about music and proficient at guitar and percussion
- 5 Star Burgers at The Olympics: When everyone has Olympic fever, it's always fun to play along. This post, for 5 Star Burgers' Facebook page put the owner and several other items into the mix. By asking fans to count the number of items, there were a lot of comments and likes generated.
- Ted Drewes Inc.: Great Pumpkin Sunrise, 2014: Every year in the Fall, Ted Drewes likes to tease out the release of the Great Pumpkin concrete. The day before the release in 2014, I made and posted this graphic showing a pumpkin rising over the city of St. Louis. With a large amount of likes, shares and comments, this was one of the most seen organic posts in the history of the page.
- Jim's Formal Wear Co.: 70's #TBT post: Content from 1970's catalogs is always a winner. For Jim's Formal Wear Co., we used this image to engage customers to find old pictures of themselves in formal wear.
- Hautly Cheese, "Behind the Music" Parody Video: For Hautly Cheese, I made graphics for a video which parodied VH1's "Behind The Music" series, for a fictional 80's band responsible the brand's iconic "When You Say Cheese, Say Hautly and Smile" jingle. The posters (seen in the Facebook post) were printed out and given to Facebook fans as well as distributors.
- Lorenzo's Trattoria 1,000 Likes Celebration:When a small family business's page reaches a big milestone, a simple post can often be the best. Here, I used a picture of the family on the doorstep of their restaurant, and said thanks to everyone who helped the page reach this milestone. It received interaction from a huge percentage of their fan base!